• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Printer stops working when connecting a scanner?!

dpajur

n00b
Joined
May 15, 2001
Messages
28
Hi folks,

I have a bizarre problem here, I have a Canon LIDE 50 scanner and a Canon Pixma IP5200 printer, both have worked before without problems on various systems, but now they can't live with each other.

If the scanner is connected to the PC the printer doesn't work correctly. It prints off a line or two on a page and then sucks in another page, using maybe the first centimeter or so. I've tried reinstalling drivers which didn't make any difference.

Scanner works fine on it's own. Printer works fine on it's own.

As soon as the scanner is connected (doesn't need to be doing anything) if I try to print it will do what I described above. If I just unplug the scanner from the USB and try to print again, it will work fine!!?!

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? At the moment I have the scanner unplugged and just plug it in when I need to scan something, since I use the printer more.

Thanks!
 
Back
Top