Printer review site? Looking for a DVD/CD print feature

Impact9

[H]ard|Gawd
I was browsing on newegg and seen the Epson R200 for $88. Problem is it takes 6 ink cartridges, 5 x $14 for color and 1 x $20 for black. Which means $90 for everytime you have to change every cartridge. :eek:

Now I would gladly pay more for a printer if I can get it with cheaper/less/combo color cartridge. All I'm looking for one that prints on the print ready DVD's & CD's since I have a HP Photosmart 7350 that does photos fine.

I know printers isn't something these forums really talk about so I'm hoping someone can point me to a good site that reviews printers.

I'm looking to get an Epson R200 to print on DVDs. The cost of ink doesn't really bother me since this is one of the only few printers that prints on CD/DVD.

The good thing is that you can replace only certain inks if you need to. I've used up tons of HP tri-color cartridges, when only one color was empty... wondering if there was still some ink left in the other colors.

If you use up all 6 Epson inks at the same time... you should ease up on the photo printing!

I've seen the R200 in person, and the CD/DVDs print beautifully. That being said... all inkjets are expensive per page. So buy the printer that does what you need it to.

I've been searching and from what I can tell there isn't any real competition in this market. Only other solutions are crap or way beyond what I need. Your probably right about the inks though so this pay day I'll order a R200 with a extra set of inks.

When you buy one for $88 does it come with a set of inks atleast? or you have to spend another $90 for inks?

It comes with a set of inks. How full the ink cartridges are is another question.

Back