Printer Recommendation?

RaithVZ

n00b
Hey guys,

I've recently built a new computer with primarily gaming, web browsing and email in mind. What I failed to consider that my old workhorse of a laser printer uses one of those old printer ports but my new IP35 Pro doesn't have such a port. I imagine that this generation of printers uses USB connections.

I was wondering if I had any possible solution short of buying an updated printer which uses USB (which I wouldn't be too opposed to anyways).

If that is the case, then is there a b/w laser printer out there for a reasonable price and is a good value? I'd prefer a laser over an inkjet to avoid recurring ink costs and most prints that I do don't require color anyways. Good quality readable text is pretty important, I print off a lot of directions from Google Maps etc.

Thanks in advance!

The simplest thing would be to get a Parallel to USB adapter. This link should give some good results at Newegg.

If your previous computer is still running, you could leave it hooked up to the laser printer, then share the printer over a network. If your previous computer is gone, check out the Network Print Server category at Newegg. Most items are pretty expensive.

Back