Printer question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dslrjunky

2[H]4U
ok I have question for you guys..

I'm a visiting nurse, I submit nurses notes every 2 weeks, this past couple of months i've been loaded and constantly visit between 10-13 patients everyday this equates to 10-13 paper works daily. I use my own form a PDF form that I created so I don't have to write my assesments. This is pretty basic B/W form nothing fancy. I have all-in-one printer HP PSC 1510 inks cost me around $12 after staples coupon on recycle cartridge.

Now my question is I recently noticed that I've been buying inks after 60-70 printouts and started to look at laser printers costs are about sub $200 and toners are about the same price but was rated at 25K prints 5% (fill) what does that mean? and is that a good way to go seeing I'm submitting between 200+ printouts every month (not factoring the errors and casual personal printing) also can i do something more on my current printer to squeeze out more printouts from it? (i dont buy colored ink anymore).

Finally can you suggest what printer that can meet my needs also I like fast printout to I saw 25ppm printers sub $200

HP 88XL black ink cartridges cost about $44 (at Office Depot) but print ~2400 pages. Price per page is a good bit lower than most cheap lasers. The HP Officejet Pro L7000 series printers use these cartridges.

I'm not sure if you know this but ppm ratings are measured differently on lasers vs. inkjets. On inkjets its based on draft quality while on lasers its normal quality.

I had a Brother inkjet all-in-one, but I hated it. Just replaced it with a CP1215 from HP; a color laser that regularly goes on sale for about $150-200.

I bought some cheap brother laser at office-max, it was like $120 w/tax, last year. I do some work from home and have easily printed 10 reams of paper, no toner/cartridge problem yet. I can give you the model # if you need it.

If you're lucky at costco you can get a Panasonic KX-MB271 for under $60 that'll last 2000 pages (500 when you buy it) and is refillable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back