Printer Over Network Issue

CounTDookU23

Limp Gawd
Hello Folks. I wanted to see if someone could help me out. Here is my issue.

- I have two computers. (A) is a PC that has a USB Printer hooked up to it. (B) is my laptop.
Over the network the printer works fine when printing on my laptop. However for some reason it will not print from a webpage.

The webpage I am trying to print from is our company online point of sale account. The transactions are done online rather then punching in the numbers on the credit card machine. When I do send the print job over to the printer it goes through with no errors. But then I sit there and wait........ nothing prints. So I went in to the properties of the print jobs...... it just says Failed, Access Denied.

Sounds like a security setting in your browser is preventing it from printing.

No it doesn't? He says the print job is denied (presumably any app would cause this)?

browse to the machine hosting the printer \\machinename and see if you are asked for creds (save them this time)...

No it doesn't? He says the print job is denied (presumably any app would cause this)?..

No he doesn't?

- I have two computers. (A) is a PC that has a USB Printer hooked up to it. (B) is my laptop.
Over the network the printer works fine when printing on my laptop. However for some reason it will not print from a webpage. .

Sounds like we're back to the browser.

To the OP... can we assume that this point of sale website will print fine to this same printer.....if printed from Computer A? As in...the printer can handle the web format? And not be picky about some post script-ish stuff and deny it locally too?

Sorry about the late reply,

I had to set both machines to MSHOME and then reboot a few times. Oddly enough before the reboots the printer would print everything over the network (to the printer USB wired to the PC) but the webpages. Wack! After booting both machines a few times voila the printer accepted the print webpage request.

Thank you everyone,

Back