• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Printer Fails after Power-off

Rustynuts

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
10,346
My printer likes to jam and to clear it, I have to power off and on. Usually when I do this and try to print again, the system say the document failed to print. Device Manager says all is working fine, but I have to re-boot to get the printer to work. Why is this? Can't I get the printer re-initialized without re-booting which is a real pain.

I noticed I'm running the printer with no interrupt assigned to save resources. Could this be the problem? I'm running XP Pro SP2 and an HP OfficeJet off the printer port, not USB (Printer too old!)
 
Back
Top