Print Server Setup Not Working

gta95

Limp Gawd
I just setup a print server and everything seems to be running fine. I can print from one computer only though. The second computer I'm trying to setup doesn't want to use it. It is pingable from the other computer, when I goto add network printer and I browse for one, it sees the printserver and the printer, but it says the printer name is invalid or the print server has lost contact. If I try to set it up as a local TCP/IP port, it sets up, but then later says that it cannot install the printer driver when I tell it to. I'm trying it on a third computer now, will report back.

EDIT: Same thing with the third computer. Its name is \\printserver\canonpixma170, is that a bad way to name it?

What OS are you running? Win9x only allows 12 character share names, and DOS is only 8. The one you gave was 13 characters.

RaisedBlock said:
What OS are you running? Win9x only allows 12 character share names, and DOS is only 8. The one you gave was 13 characters.
XP Pro and XP Home

Thanks, that worked. Now, the drivers won't install on any machine other than the first. I don't understand that. It asks for the drivers, on the one machine, I goto the 1700.INF, boom everything works. With the other computers, it says driver install could not be completed. This is really pissing me off.

Back