• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Print Server Help (Multifunction)

Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
37
so i bought this:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16833156025

TRENDnet TE100-P1U Mini Print Server RJ45 USB 2.0

and i have this:

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-MFC8840D-MFC-8840D-Laser-Multifunction/dp/B0001ZJRTY?tag2=gp04-20

Brother MFC-8840d Multifunction Printer/Fax/Scanner/Copier

I can get all my computers to print to the printer without a problem, but i need the ability to scan to one of the computers. The printer comes with a network mode utility that it tries to use to scan, but it tells me that the printer is in use, and errors out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, because i thought this setup would have this functionality, and can;t get it to work.

Peace

~'puterdude
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I havent seen a offboard print server that is able to access any other functionality than printing on a MFC type device.. On that note Brothers N models work perfectly well with all functions.

You should have gotten this model and it would have had network out of the box supporting all it's functions (print/scan/fax) across the network. I dont know if you can get a card for the Non N model, but that may be a way to go as well.


EDIT On that note here is the board you need (I think) $250 at the brother Mall (Ouch) Looks like Provantage has it for $125 , it is the same model, but doesent list compatability speceficaly with that printer. I suspect it is the same board though because Staples lists the same model network board with some of the same models of printers plus the 8840, but it is $180 there. I myself would take the chance with the $125 model, but make sure you have the drivers for the network version.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top