I purchased an LCD1950 monitor and have hooked it up to my Dell 4550
Windows XP Pro machine with a 9600 Pro video card that have the latest
version of ATI catalyst Drivers (5.11) installed. When I connect this
monitor to the DVI port through the included DVI cable it refuses to
come on and just says "no signal" and goes into stand by mode. When I
plug it into the VGA port it comes on with no problem. I thought maybe
something was wrong with the DVI on that machine so I hooked it up to my
newer Dell 9100 with an NVidia 6800 video card, again with the latest
drivers, and again it said no signal. I switched it to the VGA cable
and it works fine. I take another monitor with DVI and hook it up to
the video card with the included cable and it works fine. But I have
never gotten the LCD1950 working with the DVI cable. I have noticed
that when it is connected via the DVI cable it says the connected
monitor is a LCD1510 on both machines. Is there something wrong with
this monitor that is stopping it from working with the DVI port?
Now this does work when I boot up, the windows logo displays on it through the digital input but once it is done booting it doesn't display anything. What am I missing here?!?
Windows XP Pro machine with a 9600 Pro video card that have the latest
version of ATI catalyst Drivers (5.11) installed. When I connect this
monitor to the DVI port through the included DVI cable it refuses to
come on and just says "no signal" and goes into stand by mode. When I
plug it into the VGA port it comes on with no problem. I thought maybe
something was wrong with the DVI on that machine so I hooked it up to my
newer Dell 9100 with an NVidia 6800 video card, again with the latest
drivers, and again it said no signal. I switched it to the VGA cable
and it works fine. I take another monitor with DVI and hook it up to
the video card with the included cable and it works fine. But I have
never gotten the LCD1950 working with the DVI cable. I have noticed
that when it is connected via the DVI cable it says the connected
monitor is a LCD1510 on both machines. Is there something wrong with
this monitor that is stopping it from working with the DVI port?
Now this does work when I boot up, the windows logo displays on it through the digital input but once it is done booting it doesn't display anything. What am I missing here?!?