Prince of Persia scares Canadian

Lmao that's great for a laugh. "I don't even let my kids have a butter knife" Wow, if you are scared by the prince of persia. I wonder what that woman would do if her kid bought doom3.... he he

like i said...MOST of them are of the French origin...amzing how some people cant read this day in age

You DirtyApe, I take that as an insult, most of us are of English decent, LOL. The French are just the whining vocal minority :p

renegadex said:

That's just typical of people who don't play games - they just don't understand.

Recently there was an outcry over here in Brisbane about kids as young as 12 going to game lock-ins. Everyone was criticising parents, and criticising games by saying they bring out an anti-social culture etc etc. Basically there was no facts, only raving. It was as if the newspaper people only needed a small excuse to target the games industry unfairly. This article is just another example of it - society just does not understand games. And it pisses me off real bad.

DirtyApe said:
like i said...MOST of them are of the French origin...amzing how some people cant read this day in age

i wasn't replying to you, i was replying to the person i quoted who simply said "canadians=pussies".

Silverghost said:
Gah IGN is run by dumbass's. Read the real article.

The ad that scared the child had a man with a gun in it.

The attitudes in that story reinforce what I said, mostly the women at the end who said
"And they wonder why our jails are full and where these kids get these ideas from."

No evidence, no facts, just a major misunderstanding of the games industry. A real problem, if you ask me.

they need to stfu and keep their personal problems to themself. PERSONAL not public. Ok we cant ban stories of the boogie man which is making no one money. So why stop commerce. Those canadians are fags with no sense at all

Wow, what a pussified person that kid's going to become. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go off to kill a bunch of people just like video games told me to. :rolleyes:

Pvt. Potter said:
they need to stfu and keep their personal problems to themself. PERSONAL not public. Ok we cant ban stories of the boogie man which is making no one money. So why stop commerce. Those canadians are fags with no sense at all

I'd take that as a personal insult since I being Canadian am one of those 'fags' but you're not worth the effort. Don't forget you've got even more people in the US crying wolf at every opportunity. You don't see us calling the Americans 'fags' do you? Maybe stupid imbicles, but not usually fags ;)

I'm not gonna say fucking canucks, because I know cool Canadians... so...

Fucking retarded mothers.

TheGamerZ said:
I'm not gonna say fucking canucks, because I know cool Canadians... so...

Fucking retarded mothers.
Bingo!

She probably makes the kid live in a bubble, so he gets scared when he sees these things.

There was some thing I heard on the radio the other day. When asked to use one word to describe America, like 60% of Canadian youths said "evil"

Lol. I don't hate Canadians... but.... I sometimes wonder why we haven't invaded them yet. Canada had a plan to invade the U.S. in 1920 :)

Haha, that article was taken from rense.com. Check that place out for your self.....

And no, Canada did not plan to invade us in 1920....

DirtyApe said:
well most of the population are from the French origin...

most canadians have mc or mac in their surname, more so then french, but we bred that french crap outta us long ago (my gf is of french origin), hah

Now that I'm 19. Canada holds a special place in my heart. Obviously that kid is from Alaska. Those alaskans and their damn oil. Bastards. They're all Russion ya know. They're all sniffin' glue.

AND THEY ALL HAVE THOSE GODDAMN GUNS!!!!

dargon said:
I'd take that as a personal insult since I being Canadian am one of those 'fags' but you're not worth the effort. Don't forget you've got even more people in the US crying wolf at every opportunity. You don't see us calling the Americans 'fags' do you? Maybe stupid imbicles, but not usually fags ;)

sad thing is that im an american and most of the people that live here(that ive come across anyways) are complete idiots...people dont know how to drive, dont know how to count correct change, dont know how to budget their money, cant take the blame for something theyve done, generalize...A LOT, oh did i mention complete idiots?

After thinking a bit more. The problem isn't generalizing. It's that you guys arne't generalizing enough. It's true most Canadians are idiots. It's true most American are idiot's. However that sounds "bad".

The real problem is, most PEOPLE are idiots.

Sad but true it seems.

I think the lack of father figure was pretty insiteful.
When you got someone you KNOW will kick your ass when you fuck up, a poster looks pretty lame.

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
After thinking a bit more. The problem isn't generalizing. It's that you guys arne't generalizing enough. It's true most Canadians are idiots. It's true most American are idiot's. However that sounds "bad".

The real problem is, most PEOPLE are idiots.

Sad but true it seems.

I agree completely. I had to wipe many of my brain cells out with liquor and dope to dumb myself down to the point I don't go nuts dealing with em.
If you can't beat em, join em...mwuahahahhahahaa...erk..

theelviscerator said:
I agree completely. I had to wipe many of my brain cells out with liquor and dope to dumb myself down to the point I don't go nuts dealing with em.
If you can't beat em, join em...mwuahahahhahahaa...erk..

Ya can't win em all, really.

theelviscerator said:
I think the lack of father figure was pretty insiteful.
When you got someone you KNOW will kick your ass when you fuck up, a poster looks pretty lame.
I love it when people agree with me ;)

the war cry of the female islam extremists kinda freaks me out...it sounded like a turkey or something

DudeItsMe said:
There was some thing I heard on the radio the other day. When asked to use one word to describe America, like 60% of Canadian youths said "evil"

Lol. I don't hate Canadians... but.... I sometimes wonder why we haven't invaded them yet. Canada had a plan to invade the U.S. in 1920 :)

You did try to invade us in 1812. And failed. :)

And actually the youths were asked the specific question "Do you think America is evil?" and 60% said yes. I know you yanks aren't evil, but you seem to be trying pretty hard to convince everyone you are.

Anyways, we aren't the country with leaders trying to put strict controls on violent video games. We believe that parent should control what their young children are exposed to on their own, without the government forcing it down their throats.
But public transportation should be really careful to make sure it's ads are appropriate for everyone.

Yogi said:
You did try to invade us in 1812. And failed. :)

And actually the youths were asked the specific question "Do you think America is evil?" and 60% said yes. I know you yanks aren't evil, but you seem to be trying pretty hard to convince everyone you are.

Anyways, we aren't the country with leaders trying to put strict controls on violent video games. We believe that parent should control what their young children are exposed to on their own, without the government forcing it down their throats.
But public transportation should be really careful to make sure it's ads are appropriate for everyone.

we aren't the ones trying to convince eveyone that we're evil, it's our leaders :rolleyes:. well, election is coming up this fall, so we can deal with that. whoever that other dude is, he's got my vote. :)

You guys are all missing the point here. This has nothing to do with the video game or video game violence. The kid is 4 years old. An image of a guy lunging out with a gun or knife in his hand certainly can be scary for a 4-year-old. I suppose none of you had nightmares when you were kids or got scared by anything. Hell I bet most of you had nightmares after watching Scooby Doo.

"I don't even let my kids have a butter knife." - That made me laugh... but I wouldn't let my kid have a butter knife either. Granted he's only 14 months and if he had one he'd try to eat it or would end up stabbing himself in the eye.

And if you read just the IGN article, you should read all the way to the end where they admit they make stuff up. That is just stupid.

And if you think most Canadians are of French descent, you are just retarded.

BTW, I agree with the statement "most people are idiots" - this thread - proof positive.

This is slightly offtopic, but could someone explain to me, why americans associate the french with this image of loosers and people who surrender easily? Is it because of some misunderstanding of the Second World War, or what?

Back