• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Primochill Typhoon 3 - Flow Pattern Sanity Check

maeveth

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
71
I will be using a Primochill Typhoon 3 /w a D5 and I want to do the following but I am not sure if there are any problems doing it this way.


|----->------GPU----->--------|
| |
T3+D5-----<--Radiator-<-------|
| |
|----->------CPU----->--------|

Edit: The spacing wont work but I think you get the idea.

Basically I want to use 2 loops but a single Radiator(or multiple in series), obviously I'd have to plug one of the inlets for the res. The reason I want to do this is so that both the GPU and CPU blocks get fresh coolant from the res.

Is there any technical reason that I cannot use a splitter in reverse and bring 2 the two loops into the single inlet for the radiator?
 
Last edited:
You can join the return lines into the Typhoon 3 in that it's physically possible. This would, however, defeat the purpose of using a Typhoon 3 in the first place. The T3's superior flow is achieved only when running fully parallel lines. The pressure from each loop must be completely separated.

It would be better to use the radiator on only one of the loops and let the water mix (many times per minute) in the reservoir. It will quickly achieve equilibrium and there will be very little difference between the temperature of each loop.

Whether or not you want to add additional radiators is the real question. You could use 1 MCR-320 per loop, and after that (depending on the fan speed you've chosen) you may reach diminishing returns. Or you could use your MCR-320-stack on just one of the loops. I'm not sure if you can plumb it such that each radiator in the stack is in a separate loop...
 
Okay yea I understand what your saying, thanks. I should have realized that before lol.
 
I will be using a Primochill Typhoon 3 /w a D5 and I want to do the following but I am not sure if there are any problems doing it this way.


|----->------GPU----->--------|
| |
T3+D5-----<--Radiator-<-------|
| |
|----->------CPU----->--------|

Edit: The spacing wont work but I think you get the idea.

Basically I want to use 2 loops but a single Radiator(or multiple in series), obviously I'd have to plug one of the inlets for the res. The reason I want to do this is so that both the GPU and CPU blocks get fresh coolant from the res.

Is there any technical reason that I cannot use a splitter in reverse and bring 2 the two loops into the single inlet for the radiator?

The water temps equalize so you will see no advantage in actual temps on either gpu or cpu by doing this. You can get a small increase in flow running 2 loops off the T3 though depending on the blocks your using but with such a simple loop I really don't think there would be any advantage to it.
 
Back
Top