PrimeGrid Wallis is Born Challenge (part 8 of the 2016 PrimeGrid Challenge Series)

Gilthanis

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014
November 18-23rd
AP27 Prime Search

Team page: [H]ard|OCP

This is part 8 of 9 challenges. It is CPU and GPU. Our team is currently in 12th place for the series.

Current team standings are: There is still cleanup from previous challenges so these positions are not final
25 - RFGuy_KCCO
101 - Coleslaw
105 - pututu
142 - HighTech67
268 - tjmagneto
285 - brilong
392 - travanx

Tips:
You must log into your account at PrimeGrid to change your project preferences so that you are only crunching the correct sub project. In this case AP27.
Being a GPU project, you may not want to run CPU work as GPU's will be much faster.
Intel boxes tend to perform better. The HT probably needs turned off since these are not sieve work units. Do your testing in advance.
Intel chips tend to out perform AMD chips
PrimeGrid work will stress hardware harder and so is more sensitive to overclocking. Therefore make sure you have tested their work units on your rigs before the challenge to make sure they are stable.
These challenges only count work units downloaded during and completed before end of the challenge. So, no bunkering.

I also want to point out that this overlaps the WCG birthday challenge we as a team are focusing on. So, focusing on this with GPU's while focusing CPU's on WCG is preferred.

You know, it would be nice if the PG team would get it together and tally up the last however many events. What is it, the last three that haven't been done? Sheesh.

It would be nice because the spots haven't updated in a while.

Less than 4 days to go on this challenge. Again, GPU only here and run your CPU's on WCG challenge we have going.

Less than 2 hours to go. Let's turn on the GPU heaters to warm up the room. Getting cold here.:happy:

BTW fastgeek, I'm guessing Z-san is running both CPU and GPU. He has tons of GPU cards...

Did a quick count, Z-san has 31 high end graphics cards plus a bunch of non-high end cards. If only I could afford one or two more...:(
upload_2016-11-19_8-55-37.png

...and just got AP27 sliver badge last night.
upload_2016-11-19_9-16-38.png
Going for gold.

After the end of second day of crunching, we moved up 3 places to 17th place.

Members contributions:
Rank Name Score
41 RFGuy_KCCO 994,578
87 pututu 448,773

With less than 1 day 3 hrs to go, we got bumped down to 18th place.
Welcome HighTech67.

Members contributions:
Rank Name Score
41 RFGuy_KCCO 2,199,392
87 pututu 929,890
430 HighTech67 20,215

I'm setting two rigs for CPU crunching. See how it goes...

You know, it would be nice if the PG team would get it together and tally up the last however many events. What is it, the last three that haven't been done? Sheesh.
olddanit at EVGA found the latest PG challenge stats. After 3 events you are at 54th position. Z-san still holds the top overall spot.

Back