Prime95: Worker #5 Stopped.

Synomenon

Supreme [H]ardness
I just "rebuilt" my system. Switched motherboard out for a new one. Anyway, my previous board was an ASRock Z77E-ITX. I never could get a stable running system with that board for some reason. Switch over to an ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe/WD. First thing I did with this new board was run Memtest86+ for 24 hours to make sure the memory slots didn't have any problems. 8 tests after 24 hours and no errors. I then fired up Prime95 and am running a blend test now. It opened up 8 workers. I'm 2 hours into it and worker #5 has stopped running with the message:

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
Torture test completed 100 tests in 1 hour, 47 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.

I'm not even overclocking. I only have Turbo Boost enabled in the BIOS and have enabled my RAM's XMP Profile.

Should I worry about this? I haven't had any BSODs since switching to this ASUS board.

Worker 7 has now stopped as well:
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4992675781, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
Torture test completed 127 tests in 2 hours, 15 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.

I never could get a stable running system with that board for some reason

Maybe you had bad ram all the while. Did you test your ram with memtest86+ for at least 8 hours. I recommend a weekend. Or a second method is to use hclmemtest (run several instances so that you get more than 90% of your ram allocated) to 200% coverage.

Another update. Workers 1, 2 and 3 all stopped within minutes of each other, all with similar errors. Those three workers ran for around 6 hours 46 minutes.

Maybe you had bad ram all the while. Did you test your ram with memtest86+ for at least 8 hours. I recommend a weekend. Or a second method is to use hclmemtest (run several instances so that you get more than 90% of your ram allocated) to 200% coverage.

I did. Please read the OP.

Back