Prime95 Stability Testing

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
What settings do you run when your using Prime95 to test the stability of an overclocked Pentium 4 w/ HyperThreading system?

If you just run one copy of Prime95 with a Pentium 4 you only get a 50% CPU load so i've been installing two copies of Prime95 and running them both at the same time for a 100% load.

I run one set at Small FFT's and the other at In-place arge FFT's. I set the affinity to 0 one the first install and 1 on the second install so it stresses both the physical and logical portion of the chip making it run 100% load.

What tests do you run and how long do you run them? Do you run just one install or two installs of Prime95? Do you run anything else along with Prime95?

I run mine high priority Blend Test and low priority Small FFT's Test......Sometimes custom 30min each test or even more..........if I dont get an error well within 2hrs im set.....It all depends to what you do with your pc.....I ussually browse and listen to tunes...I dont need 24hrs of prime to know its stable. Prime95 will not kill my rig from too much testing before i could even use it.................

Back