Prime95/Q6600/Test Lag(?)

liquidfluidity

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
2,938
My system has been together for about 3 weeks now and I decided to do a little overclocking - just to 3.0GHz. I ran Prime for 15 hours and just checked the results and 2 of the cores were a few tests behind but weren't showing any errors. I haven't upped the voltage on the chip yet and am running completely stable. The vid is 1.2v and runs about 1.14v with vdroop under load. My temps@load are 46-42-45-42C. Would the low voltage cause this kind of lag during testing? I've never seen this issue stated anywhere on the forums and it's kind of got me concerned. Any ideas , guys? :(
 
its normal, there is no "lag" the program does not launch all 4 theads at the same time for a lot of good reasons.
 
But a couple of tests behind? There's probably 6 mins between the time the first 2 cores finish and the second 2 cores finish. Is it the fact that the time accumulates and spreads the finish times out? If it does start at different times , does that difference add up?

I also forgot to turn EIST and C1E( not sure what the actual names are;) ) I have turned them off now and am running Prime again and my temps are actually a bit lower(44-40-40-44) and thus far , the tests seem to be a LOT closer in times.Kind of strange that the temp similarities have changed positions. I'm not sure if those 2 "limitations" were any factor but thus far ,it seems to have played a little part.
 
It's normal. Your OS has threads running in the background which are not distributed to all cores evenly.
 
Back
Top