• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Prime95 and multiple windows logins

supastar1568

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
470
Hey Folks,

Just made a little observation over the course of my overclock testing. Like some, I have two windows profiles, an Administrative profile and a Limited profile. I use the Admin profile when installing apps, and the Limited profile in my every day browsing. I always use the Admin account to run Prime.

I ran my prime95 Small FFT test without an error for 19 hours, stayed on the Admin login. I then ran the Blend test from the Admin account, then switched over (while running Prime on the Admin login) to the Limited login for browsing the internet. I got a failure around the time when the Limited account was active.

To test this, I ran the Small FFT on the Admin account (which passed for 19 hours before), yet continued to use the Limited Account for browsing. I got an error at 23 minutes once I started actively using the Limited Account.

Now I am running Prime on the Admin account, and browsing the internet on the Admin account, and have gone 8 hours without a failure.

Anyone else have this kinda thing happen? Think it's a windows thing, and not a stability thing.
 
Back
Top