• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Prime95 25.7 64-bit?

cyclone3d

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
18,412
I haven't had any stability problems with my compuer running games and whatnot, but decided to try out Prim95 64-bit to see what the temps got up to. I had been using Orthos in the past.

Whenever I run Prime 95 64-bit it errors out on one of the cores after the first step of the test, If I let it keep going, it reboots the machine.

Temps are only getting up to 61C and changing settings in BIOS.. voltages, etc. doesn't help.

Anybody know if Prime 95 25.7 or even specifically the 64-bit version has issues.. maybe with Vista only?
 
Usually that's a sign of an unstable overclock. What Q6600 do you have? Is it the 1.325 version? Looking at your sig I'd say 1.43v is too low for a 3.74 overclock. As far as I know there are no issues with Prime & Vista 64.
 
I just used it this weekend for my E8400 - got to almost 12h stable so I dont think theres any issue with the program. Sounds like its your OC.
 
Usually that's a sign of an unstable overclock. What Q6600 do you have? Is it the 1.325 version? Looking at your sig I'd say 1.43v is too low for a 3.74 overclock. As far as I know there are no issues with Prime & Vista 64.

It is a 1.2625 version of the Q6600. :D

I'll have to mess around with the settings some more . I used to be able to run prime95 for quite a while with no errors.

Of course I just updated the BIOS on my board as well and all the settings went back to default so maybe I didn't get everything set exactly like I had it before.

I also just moved.. so maybe the power quality isn't quite as good as it was before.... hrrrmmmm.. more things to think about.
 
Back
Top