• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Prime 95 Testing

soulesschild

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 18, 2007
Messages
6,176
So I got an error on one core while prime95 testing, something about the sum not matching the expected value. Does that mean my OC is not stable? The other core was chugging along fine. Ran for about 4 hrs, starting it again.

E6600@ 3.240ghz @ 1.35v on air
 
Really? I thought it was supposed to crash out my computer. After running it again, no errors came up, ran for about 6 hrs this time. WTF? o_Oz
 
If the PC is just a little unstable, it won't fail at the exact same point every time. It will fail eventually, if you didn't change any settings. What is your FSB set to? And what is your FSB Termination voltage set to? (also called VTT). That could be too low, or your CPU voltage might be too low.

If the core failed during a Large FFT test, the problem could be your RAM voltage, but I doubt that's the problem.
 
Bus speed: 360 Mhz
Rated FSB : 1440.0 Mhz
CPU Voltage : 1.328V
Not sure what VTT is set to, is it safe to set it higher? Should I also put a little more juice into the NB? I didn't add any volts to the NB, only CPU
 
Bus speed: 360 Mhz
Rated FSB : 1440.0 Mhz
CPU Voltage : 1.328V
Not sure what VTT is set to, is it safe to set it higher? Should I also put a little more juice into the NB? I didn't add any volts to the NB, only CPU

Your motherboard can safely handle 1.40 - 1.46v for the NB, that much I know for sure. I think it can go higher, but I'm not 100% certain.

I think the same goes for the FSB Term (VTT). Since you have a 65nm CPU, you should be safe with 1.40 - 1.46v, if not more.

You also have a lot of headroom on your CPU voltage.
0.85V – 1.5V.
 
After numerous crashes trying to stablize a bit better, here's where its at right now. I read somewhere that high FSB VTT can kill your CPU over time or is that only for the 45nm processors?

CPU: 3375Mhz
FSB: 1500
Vcore: 1.38V
NB: 1.38V
FSB VTT: 1.40V
Load temp: 58C
NB Temp: 55C
SB Temp : 45C

Temps look okay?
 
ARGH I give up. This stupid mobo has such huge issues for me OCing vs my old 680i :[ I don't know why! :mad:
 
Temps look ok. Try and google safe temps for your board's NB. I'm sure you'll find the info you need, but I'm fairly certain you have some room to increase your NBv, and I know you can increase you CPU voltage by more than .1v and still be within safe limits.

I know you're worried about frying your CPU. If you stay under 1.500v for the CPU voltage in BIOS, you'll be fine. Run a google search for info on your NBv, though, just to be sure, but the Rampage Formula has a X48 chipset, which is a 90nm process I believe, and should be able to withstand a few more volts.
 
Back
Top