prime 95 outputs

dza00

n00b
Does anyone know where I can find info on the readings my torture test is giving me? It tells me to consult the stress.txt but this file does not tell me anything. I am getting this:

FATAL ERROR: rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt
test ran 0 min, 1 error, 0 warnings

usually when i got that message a voltage adjustment fixed it, but thats just a crap shoot...post your specs

Usually the error I get when cpu is unstable (needs more volts or is at peak level) or memory needs more volts. Make sure you only test one or the other so you know where to look first.

here are the spec s for my venice 3500+ + sli k8n mobo
ht freq: 3x
mult: 10x
fsb: 240 as of right now ( trying to go higher; If i change the mult to 11x or 10.5x i get a different error which i cannot remember off the top of my head)
I've got my crucial ballistix set at 3-4-4-8 and I think it runs at the fsb speed.
Voltage at 1.45 (I was at 1.495 for the 250 fsb speed which still yielded error... I might give 1.545 a shot)

dza00 said:
I've got my crucial ballistix set at 3-4-4-8 and I think it runs at the fsb speed.)

PC3200? Even with relaxed timings that is awful high (240) for that ram. Try running it at a lower divider, it really makes almost NO difference with the A64 cpu.

I run my rig at 260fsb with a "ddr333" setting which give my ram a 216fsb effective speed at CAS2.5. Also, at the exact same settings, the ram at 2.7v woud fail Prime testing, at 2.8v, it goes for days...

Really should go ready eclipse's guide...it got me to 2.6 stable. I am betting memory timings and/or speed is what your issue is...

Back