Prime 95 help

Skoobs

Weaksauce
i just tore up my computer and moved things around today. it booted right up when i was done, thankfully, but i decided to give prime 95 a run. i started it, and none of my fans kicked it. usually the noise is so unbearable i leave my room. apparently the CPU isnt even hitting 60*C. did i set it up wrong? are these temps normal? they seem low. all im runnning to cool is a corsair h50.

the fan noise is probably from your graphics card. for prime 95 you need to be sure you have a version that will run one thread per core, else you are not really testing the entire cpu.

temps seem pretty normal at stock clocks with an aftermarket cooler, but that really depends on which cpu you're using (it also depends on how long and which tests you were running on p95). the cpu fans normally run at a default speed set by the bios if they're plugged into the board, with most new boards default should be a static speed of 100% (pmw fans may be ~90%).

sorry, im really not paying attention to what im writing. haha

im running an i7 920 clocked to 3.4 ghz. i use asus' AI Suite to set my fan speeds. apparently i had them set so that they shot up to 80% at 60*C then a straight slope to 100% at 80*C.

it just surprised me that it never made it up to 60*C. its use when i ran P95. then again, i did replace the stock thermal goo while i had the computer in pieces. maybe it just helped. a lot.

plus i changed ALL of the fans around for better airflow. (or what i thought would be better)

in p95 i set it to "blend" and set to 8 TTTs. the CPU clock goes straight up to 3.4 ghz. just like it normally does under load.

Back