Primary monitor no video

zackriggle

n00b
For some reason, my primary monitor has recently decided that it does not want to play any video. At all. I have a Radeon 9600XT, and I have not made any changes that would or should effect the video subsystem. The secondary monitor works just fine for playing video --- so this is not a codec, file, or player issue.

The changes I have made recently are the installation of Microsoft PocketPC 2003 SDK, as well as eMbedded C++ 4 and SP4 for that same software. Compact .Net also was installed in this process. Like I said, nothing that should effect the video subsystem.

I also have Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 installed, if this might have any bearing (it worked after installing this just fine, so I doubt it. Maybe something in the reboot process for something installed?).

As it stands right now, I simply switched cables, and made the secondary monitor the 'primary'. No, it is not a matter of these two being initially switched around. I could previously play back multiple files on each monitor simultaneously, or play a video fullscreen on both (I believe we can all see how this is useful ;))

Any ideas? I tried reinstalling the drivers... no workie. All settings are back to the factory defaults... and I'm all out of ideas. Anybody?

Edit:
It should be noted that going single-monitor had no effect. Even after a reboot. Going single-monitor for the other video out worked just fine. The primary video out, however, does not want to play any video files for some reason. :(

Back