• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Prices on the new EE processors?

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
15,461
I usually don't get that worked up over the EE processors, as the performance difference is minimal while the price difference is enormous. However, the new Dual-Core HT processors are looking REALLY nice to me. Do you think Intel will lower or raise prices on their EE processors because of this new feature? On one hand they could get a premium for the 4-way processing, but on the other hand a lower price with this special feaure may cause them to gain more popularity and therefore sell more of them. Thoughts?
 
It will probably cost around $1200, based on current prices of the EE. They raise prices when they add features.
 
Plus the cost of a new OS. XP pro only supports 2 processors. You'd need to buy Windows Server to suppor the 4 virtual processors or use some linux flavor.
 
almostinsane1 said:
Plus the cost of a new OS. XP pro only supports 2 processors. You'd need to buy Windows Server to suppor the 4 virtual processors or use some linux flavor.

No, XP supports two physical processors and two additional hyperthreading (logical) ones
 
robberbaron said:
It will probably cost around $1200, based on current prices of the EE. They raise prices when they add features.
Gosh, maybe I won't be getting one of these...$1200?!?!?
 
sac_tagg said:
Gosh, maybe I won't be getting one of these...$1200?!?!?

I don't see the point of getting one atm anyways.. Only a couple things support the multithreading atm, so other than the increaseing of the E-Penis, no real thrills that I can see atm... Granted, i'd love to see some games take full advantage of a hyperthreading intel cpu.. That would rock!
 
Well concedering when most EE's first come out, they are introduced at between 1000 - 1200 USD.

I would say 1000 for the OEM, 1200 for the Retail. Prices will only drop when another EE comes out that is faster.
 
USMC2Hard4U said:
Well concedering when most EE's first come out, they are introduced at between 1000 - 1200 USD.

I would say 1000 for the OEM, 1200 for the Retail. Prices will only drop when another EE comes out that is faster.

Yeah, but the prices take forever to drop on EE's and FX's. I doubt this chip will ever go below $950.
 
Back
Top