prices going back up?

feverlax

Limp Gawd
do you think the prices for amd cpus(specifically socket am2) will go back up, or will they stay the same? i ask because i want to build a new pc, i just dont really need a new one quite yet, and would rather wait till the end of the year because i would have more money to put in to it, plus vista would be almost out, so what do u think, should i atleast buy the cpu because prices may go back up, or are they gonna stay the same and its safe for me to wait?

I don't think so....unless AMD decides to raise their wholesale prices which is doubtful. The Demand for AM2 will go down a bit once Core 2 Duo's are in good supply and the prices stabilize. The 939 A64 prices might go up though if they stop production..

never have i heard of cpu prices go up unless there is very low availability or you buy a pretested one somewhere.

They're not going up yet but as the supply of s754 and single core s939's dwindles they certainly will

jaelangkung said:
depend: demand vs supply
I wouldn't be surprised to see prices go back up. I remember when the 35watt XP2500-mobile (ha... talk about nostalgia) was around $80 and then after a while, it went up to around $100 or so.

It will be very interesting to see if any X2's go back up. Since intel has a dual core for under $100 I think this should theoretically pull at least the x2 3800 down some more... but then again, maybe not, since AMD doesn't have as much to make them look good or justify a high price against Intel now with conroe.

IIRC the only DC intel chip below $100 is the D805 which is like a dualy celeron. AMD's prices seem pretty fair ATM, I just ordered a 4200 from ZZF

Pentium D 805 (2.66ghz, 2 x 1MB) - $97

Pentium D 820 (2.8ghz, 2 x 1MB) - $119

Pentium D 915 (2.8ghz, 2 x 2MB) - $148

I don't think there is a dually celeron yet... lol

I really should have done the pre-order on Monarch when the X2 5000+ was $280.. now its up to like $350 or $380 and harder to find at a good price. :( I'm pretty sure I'm settling for the X2 4600+ now. Its only $233.

Back