Prices are low, but will they go any lower?

ManCannon

2[H]4U
I'm planning to upgrade my whole setup in a couple months when I have more cash, and I'm definitely going to be needing RAM. As we all know, RAM prices are extraordinarily low right now and it's definitely a good time to be in the market, but how long will the prices remain this low?

Right now, I was contemplating this stuff found in the Hot Deals section:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1211168

After the $40 rebate, coupon, and Google Checkout $10 off, my final price for this stuff would be $83.99 shipped. My question to you guys is, should I get this stuff now, or wait it out and order the RAM when I order my new mobo and processor? Will the prices stay this low (or maybe even go lower), or should I buy this RAM now and hold on to it for 2 months without being able to use it?

I'd heard some buzz that the prices were about to go back up, is there any truth to this, or should I just wait until I order the rest of my parts?

I wish I had a firm answer for you. I will say that as long as DDR3 hasn't taken a big chunk of sales, not much will change for the next couple of months IMHO. The competition for DDR2 sales is high right now. When you start seeing DDR3 prices drop and become almost equal with DDR2 (or you see a slight rise in DDR2 prices) hat would be a good signal that DDR2 prices in general will start to climb.

Of course much of this is driven by the chip markets. When DDR2 chip supply gets low, prices go up. This is what we have been seeing with DDR1 chips prices.

I would say prices for DDR2 have pretty much bottomed out at this point and it's a good time to buy. Of course anything can happen.......

where were you 2 months ago? they were low for sucha long time. Granted they are still @ great pricing right now, but they have gone up 30-40% since giant price cuts last month.

Ram is probably not going to get any cheaper for awhile.

If they have gone up 40% in a few months you should buy now because when prices start going up after a big drop they usually continue to go up. People are still willing to buy right.

how low were the prices the other month when people say they were the best?

i bought 2 sticks of OCZ platinum rev. 2.0 back in december/january for like 240-250 i think.

i just bought 2 more sticks today of the same memory for 109 with a $45 rebate so these are costing me just about 60 clams.

thats pretty good to me right now :D

i can imagine when they were at their rock bottom, dayum. :D

Back