Price/Performance

Rhys

Weaksauce
Anyone see any price/performance charts on AMD processors? I'm getting the itch to build a computer and am considering moving from Intel to AMD. However, I get very confused with the cores and sockets when trying to look at performance. Budget would be around $250-$300 for the processor. Any recommendations to wait for something to happen in the market? Anyway, thank you in advance for any useful suggestions or links.

overclocking?
what do you use the computer for?
how long inbetween upgrades?

Rhys said:
Anyone see any price/performance charts on AMD processors? I'm getting the itch to build a computer and am considering moving from Intel to AMD. However, I get very confused with the cores and sockets when trying to look at performance. Budget would be around $250-$300 for the processor. Any recommendations to wait for something to happen in the market? Anyway, thank you in advance for any useful suggestions or links.

without knowing what ur using the computer for i would reccomend an opteron 165, it sells for around $300.

Mostly gaming (Doom 3, Half-Life 2, F.E.A.R...). Some office work. 1 1/2 to 2 years between upgrades if possible.

Back