Prey on tuesday

GJohn

[H]ard|Gawd
Hopefully my local stores will have it

I am tired of playing the demo over and over again...its gonna be amazing ond one of the best games :D

whos getting it?

I'm definitely gonna pick it up, the demo won me over, I beat it multiple times.
Lots of fun.

Its already been leaked unto p2p networks, (not the final retail version, but like a RC (release candidate) version, but the entire game), and people are beating it in 4 hours. Multiple reports of this from reliable people on different gaming forums (with screens etc) show its true. IMO 4hours is waaaay too damn short for a game which is probably gonna be $50 bucks, so I'm not gonna pick it up on day1, gonna wait to see if the final retail is the same as the leaked version floating around.

I heard the "4 hour" thing too- if that is the case I'm not picking it up. I'll wait for it to go to the bargin bin or get bundled with my next video card.

It better not be 4 hours long... which I highly doubt it is (the real game). Guess we'll know Tuesday.

u know what. I am so tierd of hearing the 4 hour thing... who cares.
You know what I care about.. "is it quality" 4 hours. that is really all that matters. There was plenty games back in the day that sucked beyond all belief but we still bought them.. All that really matters is "was it fun did you have a blast" even if it was only 4 hours who cares if u remember it that is all that counts.

I am buying it no matter what cuz I feel it will be a quality 4 hours. if that is all it takes to beat it SO what I am still going to be ok with it... It's quality I would rather play 4 good hours over 20 hours of shitty and repetive gameplay and scenery

ok now start flaming me LOL I don't care.. But there is a few that agree with me I am sure.

4 hours of quality gameplay for $50 is still way too much. People were bitchin' about the $20 price tag of HL2 Ep 1's price and it offered about 4 hours of quality gameplay.

It's not gonna be 4 hours long.

You're a dumbass, sheep type follower if you think it is.

Hell, the demo was decent length. Same can't be said for Perfect Dark Zero's 10 minute demo.

the fastest time of beating it was 4 1/2 hrs, I hear the avg time is about 7-8hrs of play time

Some people on the official prey forums say they earlier got it from Walmart who had it on the shelves, and they beat it in one sitting of 5 hours :s

I'm still gonna buy it though, just might wait for it to drop a little in price. 50 bucks for 5 hours is kinda meh to me. Its the single player I was looking forward to, not the multiplayer.

Drexion said:
I'm definitely gonna pick it up, the demo won me over, I beat it multiple times.
Lots of fun.

Its already been leaked unto p2p networks, (not the final retail version, but like a RC (release candidate) version, but the entire game), and people are beating it in 4 hours. Multiple reports of this from reliable people on different gaming forums (with screens etc) show its true. IMO 4hours is waaaay too damn short for a game which is probably gonna be $50 bucks, so I'm not gonna pick it up on day1, gonna wait to see if the final retail is the same as the leaked version floating around.
Yeah, I was a bit skeptical about the 4 hour time length, as well... until I finished it myself.
I didn't beat it in 4, but I did beat it in about 7 (I was trying to do EVERYTHING there is to do), so I definitely believe that 4 is possible.

Still kind of short... but overall, I think it's a good game. Just about on par with Quake 4, maybe a little better.

I read this game took nearly 10 years to make and from playing the demo, the graphics are good, but they aren't any better than some of the recent games that have come out. The graphics look pretty simliar to Doom3 or whatever. If you think about it, how could a game that took 10 years to make only last 4 hours. The demo alone takes atleast like 30 mins or so. Doom3 and Quake4 take longer than that. Farcry even took longer than that. I dont know, what do you think?

5 hours is BS 8 Hours is BS. That sucks more than anything can suck. If that is true I'll kill everyone who made the game and everyone they know! :mad: Short games are the worst. Why go to all the trouble and have a game be that short. LAME!!!!!!

I don't mind some games being short if they are good, but they should charge accordingly for them. A 4 hour game shouldn't be $50. $15 would be more appropiate, IMO. HL 2 Ep 1 was well worth the $8 I paid for it (and would probably be worth up to $20 for me personally). There is no way I'd pay $50 for it.

the reason why I got an xbox 360 and a gamefly account? games like Prey. fun to play, once. maybe the multi is ok but I doubt it will hold me.

You know, a couple years ago 20-30 hours was the norm, then it was 15-20, and then 10-15, aaaand.... Who knows if the rumor is true about Prey though.

Eagle156 said:
You know, a couple years ago 20-30 hours was the norm, then it was 15-20, and then 10-15, aaaand.... Who knows if the rumor is true about Prey though.
I do. I've beaten it.
Depending on how good you are, it will take you 4-10 hours.
Myself, 7.

Eagle156 said:
I can somewhat DEAL with 4 hours although I would be just a little pissed. I just hope they don't give us a Crappy Ass Ending, then try to make us buy EP1, EP2 etc......... :rolleyes:

The thing with games like Prey though is that there is no replay value. It plays the same every time like you were in a movie. Sure you might replay it a few times when you're bored, but there's no different strategies to try, different ways to objectives, etc...

Chams said:
I'm buying it for the multiplayer anyways. Singleplayer can go to hell.

I got bord with multiplayer real fast, no worth it imo.

Gamespot has a review, they gave it 7.5 and said you can beat it 8-12 hours, but as I see avg. here seems to be 7 hrs... not worth 49 bucks IMO, and def. not worth 59 bucks for 360 version...
And the game didn't take 10 years to make, the idea born 10 years ago and then it was dropped. year and a half ago different developer picked it up and used Doom 3's engine.

I'd have it now, but no freakin' store in town has it. BB said they're not getting the shipment in until later or possibly tomorrow. EB doesn't have it, and Wally World is sold out. Damn it!

Just picked up the collectors Ed... (mainly for the figures and DVD) Usual stuff.. The concept art was cool... there is a key for DL of the soundtrack which is like 20 bucks if u didnt have the key... now i am stuck at work with Prey staring at me... Sigh...
Stupid Dells not worth playing games on... GRRRRRR... was it worth 59.99 ... prolly not... but i like the metal tins and the fact its on DVD... hehe... bte BB in Palatine IL....u have to ask for it...

Well, I had some other stuff to do, and BB did get their shipment in. I'm installing it right now.

Eagle156 said:

Yeah, I remember years back when games like Myst and Riven took months to complete.

picked up the CE from ebgames, woot cant wait to play
headbang.gif

I gave up buying from stores. Just order on-line from EB and have it on release day or what ever you can stomach for a shipping charge. Me, 2 day is ok. I'll try it tomorrow. I just hope it's longer than 7 hours. The Demo was excellent.

The GF picked it up for me today.
But I wont get to play it till next Monday when I see her again. :mad:
Any game can be beaten quickly, just rushing through is not the way to play a game.
I expect at least 10 hours out of this game.

Majin said:
The GF picked it up for me today.
But I wont get to play it till next Monday when I see her again. :mad:
Any game can be beaten quickly, just rushing through is not the way to play a game.
I expect at least 10 hours out of this game.

I went through it kind of slow and still passed it in 7hrs. You can get 10hrs out of it but make sure you take atleast 2 one 1hr breaks.

Dapperdan said:
I went through it kind of slow and still passed it in 7hrs. You can get 10hrs out of it but make sure you take atleast 2 one 1hr breaks.
That is ridiculous. That's about what I got out of HL2 Ep 1 (iincluding the 2 breaks) for $30 less? Unless the MP on this turns out to be THE SHIT (and what are the chances of that) , I don't even think I would get it from the bargain bin.

rfwinters77 said:
It's not gonna be 4 hours long.

You're a dumbass, sheep type follower if you think it is.

Hell, the demo was decent length. Same can't be said for Perfect Dark Zero's 10 minute demo.

Well ... its rumored the demo was 20% of the final game.

Back