Prey and Triton

brentsg

[H]ard|Gawd
Wow, based on the [H] article I went ahead and pre-downloaded Prey via Triton.

I cannot believe what a hunk of crap Triton is... It looks like it was coded by a 6th grader.

Anyways, the following appears to be completely untrue. Anyone know how to accomplish this? The only way I can launch Prey is via Triton.

"To answer your questions, you will indeed be able to auto-login, or play offline. And we will create a shortcut on your desktop for the game so you can go directly into the game in offline mode without the need to look at the Triton interface, just like a CD install."

Grrrr sounds like the developers were a bit loose with the truth when they made that statement to [H].

I got a reply from their tech support. Playing Prey from a desktop icon is not currently supported but they plan to add it in a patch.

I'm really glad I didnt preorder this game. The comments the 3D Realms guy made about Steam (you should never badmouth a competitor) really soured me on the purchase, even though I enjoyed the demo. Then with the reports of how short & repetitive the game is, the cynical $60 packaging to get a dvd, and now learning that one of the biggest selling points of the Triton system doesn't exist....I can wait.

Don't know if I'll ever get it.

oh god. people take things so personally. if you think you'll like the game, buy it. if you dont, dont. if you knew the stuff that goes on behind the scenes on most of the products you buy, you would be homeless, naked and starving.

Back