Prey 2 confirmed!

defiant007

2[H]4U
http://kotaku.com/#!5781226/the-next-game-from-bethesda-softworks-is-prey-2

The Next Game From Bethesda Softworks Is... Prey 2?Looks like Bethesda Softworks is set to officially reveal Prey 2, sequel to the 2006 first-person shooter that was heavy on gravity-flipping gameplay, Native American lore and alien killin'. French gaming magazine Joystick may give our first look at the Bethesda-published game.

The existence of another Prey game is certainly no secret. Developer Human Head Studios was reportedly working on the game under the watch of the Radar Group. But that was before Bethesda Softworks' parent company Zenimax Media snapped up the rights to the game which was formerly a 3D Realms and 2K Games property.

Bethesda has a shooter-heavy product slate in 2011, with Brink, Hunted: The Demon's Forge and id Software's Rage planned for release this year. A 2012 release date for Prey 2 doesn't seem unreasonable.

No concrete details yet or confirmation from Bethesda that Prey 2 is on the way, but if this Joystick mag cover is accurate, guns will be pointed at alien faces in something named Prey 2. We'll update if Bethsoft reps respond.

prey2.jpg

Fuck yeah! About god damn time!!

Interesting.
The 1st one wasn't that bad; So yeah I'm kinda looking forward to this.

They do need to get a *real* native to voice act the main character though.

great. The original had great (although slightly weird and repetitive) gameplay, and story.

Excellent news. I enjoyed Prey and I loved the innovative (and fun) gravity feature it brought to the table.

I've seen it said a few times that Prey was what Doom 3 should have been...it was pretty decent. Will happily play a second one.

I don't think Prey is at all similar to Doom 3, but I did enjoy it a lot.

Agreed Prey had a pretty nicely rounded story and acting. Prey was more of an Interactive Movie. Lots of emotion with some pretty Turok style weapons.

Doom 3 is well..Doom. Claustrophic corridor horror shooter with acting by "Generic Soldier shootie guy".

I'm not comparing them. Doom 3 is a good game for what it is and so is Prey. Just difference experience in general.

I'm still disturbed by that scene where the little kids are pinned up, then one of the girls picks up another kid and throws them onto a spike. *shudders*

The crazy gravity was fun. Loved the level that you looked down on a small globe in a glass case, then you actually teleported onto it. Mind bending stuff.

I did like the Native American story in Prey, it felt more original than most of the stuff out then and even today. I also liked some of the puzzles especially when you had to flip the gravity. It would be super nice if Prey 2 had similar and more puzzles involved.

The first one was really cool but I finished it in 5 hours. Never got to try the multiplayer though.

Great just as not too long ago i was thinking again where the hell is prey 2, nothing has been heard from it all this years.
The first game wasn't mined blowing as a shooter but the art design and setting were interesting enough to make me replay it, looking forward for more info and media.

I hope it's longer than the first one. It was alright for what it was,a linear shooter,and I gave it points for the native American theme,but it had to be the shortest game I ever played.

I literally just re-installed Prey yesterday, I guess my 7th sense kicked in!

I'm wondering if any people responsible for the first game will be involved with this one. Since the IP has changed hands over the last few years I'm betting very few, if any. I just hope the people who are charged with this one build off of what made the first one fun and not go off in some different direction in order to put their own personal spin on it.

Great, another sequel. Hardly anyone's creative enough for new IP anymore.

Great, another sequel. Hardly anyone's creative enough for new IP anymore.
Prey is one of the few games that genuinely warrants a sequel. Prey 3 might be a stretch, but there's still enough room for this IP to grow to justify a sequel.

Hellz yeah !

I loved that game.:cool: For its time it had a lot of originality to it. I thought that the spirit walking system was really cool and some of the situations they put you in were unique, especially the part with the 500 foot tall alien haha.

Woohoo, hopefully not consolized. And this gives me hope a new Quake game (5 or a arena sequel) will see the light.:cool:

Im excited for this sequel. I only played through the original Prey once, it was super fun. Definitely had some interesting gravity puzzles and I liked the unique weaponry and NA feel.

Heres hoping Prey 2 can expand on what Prey 1 had, and make this IP grow and shine even more

Wonder what engine it will use since Tech is supposedly reserved for exclusive use by Zenimax/iD and Bethesda. Human Head or 3D realms owns the Prey ip I think.

Wonder what engine it will use since Tech is supposedly reserved for exclusive use by Zenimax/iD and Bethesda. Human Head or 3D realms owns the Prey ip I think.

In order to use id's new engine, the only condition is that the game has to be published by Bethesda. Also, according to the link by the OP, Zenimax bought the IP rights for the Prey franchise from 3D Realms. I don't think Human Head Studio ever had control of the franchise itself.

If you read the original post, you'd know that Zenimax bought the Prey IP. I suspect that this game will use iD Tech 5, if only because Bethesda's engines wouldn't be very well-suited for this kind of game.

I just hope it isn't in development for as long as the first one. 11 years. Until DNF, I think it held the record.

I just hope it isn't in development for as long as the first one. 11 years. Until DNF, I think it held the record.
Yeah, at the time it was released, Prey had been in development for even longer than DNF. I don't believe it was being developed on a continuous basis though, while DNF was.

I missed where Zenimax bought the rights in the OP. Almost certainly going to be some version of Tech then.

I'm wondering if any people responsible for the first game will be involved with this one. Since the IP has changed hands over the last few years I'm betting very few, if any. I just hope the people who are charged with this one build off of what made the first one fun and not go off in some different direction in order to put their own personal spin on it.

Its being made by the same people:

BETHESDA SOFTWORKS ANNOUNCES PREY 2

Sequel to Award-Winning Prey to be Available in 2012

March 14, 2011 (Rockville, MD) — Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced that Prey® 2, the sequel to the popular 2006 game, is scheduled for release in 2012 and will be available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Games for Windows. Further details on the game will be revealed in the May issues of Official Xbox Magazine and PlayStation: The Official Magazine, as well as in magazines throughout Europe.

Prey 2 is being developed by Human Head Studios, the studio that created Prey, the original, award-winning game. Prey 2 is being built on the cutting edge id tech engine from id Software.

“We are thrilled to be working with Bethesda on Prey 2,” said Chris Rhinehart, project lead. “Prey 2 will provide gamers the opportunity to explore a new facet of the Prey universe, one that offers fast-paced action in an open, alien world. We’re excited to show gamers the title we have been working on and hope they will be as excited by this title as we are.”

Continue to check http://facebook.com/prey2 for additional information on Prey 2 in the coming days.

http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/...a-2012-release-stay-tuned-for-more-this-week/

Great news! I loved the first Prey and the multiplayer was awesome!

Back