preview

morpheus6d9

[H]ard|Gawd
on other this motorcyle forum i visit you can point your mouse on the topic and see a preview of the thread before you enter it i was wondering if it would be possible to implement that feature on this site ?

morpheus6d9 said:
on other this motorcyle forum i visit you can point your mouse on the topic and see a preview of the thread before you enter it i was wondering if it would be possible to implement that feature on this site ?
While I don't speak for Kyle or Cliff or anyone else responsible for that aspect of the [H], I would venture forth that the additional resources required to implement such a setup are prohibitive.

VA

a: nobody wants it
b: wrong software for it
c: resource intensive when you have as many viewers as we do

I don't understand why you would need it. The thread titles are pretty self explanitory and you tend to click only if you are interested. Plus, it adds more things to crap up the page when you try to scroll through.

Also, on a site like this, why would you need it? Because it is broken down into sub-forums, things are organized so there is no guessing as to what might be in a thread.

For example:

A thread in the AMD forum titled "X2 4800 vs FX60 performance".

Since it is in the AMD forum, it is obviously talking about 2 AMD processors. VS indicates a comparison and performance indicates that he wants a performance comparison of the two AMD processors.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I just think that a hovering preview would be repetitve. Usually the OP just elaborates on the title. A preview of the OP would reveal only the OP and therefore just be really damn repetitive and really damn annoying.

:D

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick so daon't take it the wrong way.

I fear when they update vBulletin, I think doing something like this would create another chernobyl [H] style

Back