Pressure Problem?

Zabuzaxsta

n00b
So I have everything set up for my water cooling loop:

FrozenQ Fusion Dual Bay Reservoir
Swiftech MCP35X pump w/ pump top (mounted to back of reservoir)
3/8" ID tubing w/ BitsPower compression fittings
Raystorm CPU block
Koolance HD 7970 full coverage GPU block
Black Ice GTX Xtreme 240mm rad (~60mm thick)
Black Ice Xtreme II 240mm rad (~45mm thick)

Poured some water in the reservoir, turned on the power, water drained (a bit slowly in my opinion, though I'm not familiar with these pumps). Topped it back off, flipped the switch, and...nothing happened. Water didn't drain from the reservoir, no water ran down from the radiator mounted on top of the case, nothing. Well, almost nothing - a bit of water in the aforementioned tube moves forward a couple inches when the pump is turned on, then slides back when the pump is turned off.

Seems like a lemon pump if you ask me, but I'm brand new to this. Anyone want to confirm/help me troubleshoot?

I have a great YouTube video of the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MARbuxweh50

Tilt the case around and to bleed as much air from the tubing as possible. Once you get enough water in the tubing, you'll be able to push the rest of the air out of the system and bleed as normal. (I've had the same problem in the past, it's just mildly annoying.)

That nailed it, Goty...had to put the case alllll the way on its back to get the air bubbles out...man, they should really put that in the instruction manual for pump mount kits like this.

Back