• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Pressure connect door fans?

Lemagra

n00b
Joined
Jan 20, 2012
Messages
11
I am building a new rig in the NZXT phantom case, air cooled other than the processor.

Theres 3 fans, two 120mm and one 200mm on the door. Im looking to find some means of pressure connecting the power and LED control cables to the inside of the case in order to prevent having to disconnect/reconnect the wires.

I know theres various cases that have this option built in, but I have not been able to find the components on their own. I have been looking for quite a while now.
 
Yup, google showed me those too. The only problem is that you can't order just 1. You need 1500 in your cart before you can check out.

Place sad face here
 
If it were me, I would probably try abusing a 8P8C/CAT5 jack (salvaged from a broken/unused router/switch) and a modified plug (break off the clip). Affix the combo at the hinging portion of the door somehow.
 
Here's a simple fix. Get a magnetic door latch. Yknow, the ones with the two metal plates that surround the magnet.

You can solder to the plates, fairly easily. Two metal contacts separated by 1/8" of an inch, mounted to a piece of rubber, that are also soldered to a few wires... Just make sure your magnet doesn't conduct, and it likely won't, since it's typically uncoated ferrite.

I've been doing this for a few years now, for cabinet lighting and other things.
 
Back
Top