• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Present Purchase Choice

Blackwind

Gawd
Joined
Sep 26, 2001
Messages
808
I have been meaning to buy two new cards for my two systems in my sig for weeks now and finally think its about time I actually do it. Going to go ahead and replace both motherboards over the Fourth of July weekend as well. (getting two ASUS "P4S800D-E Deluxe) I'm thinking about getting the 9800 Pro below to start. Just one and try it out.

Heres my question....think its worth it to pony up the extra $126 bucks and get a 6800? If so...any cheaper creditable places to acquire one? Open to an x800 as well if the price is right.



High Tech ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "EXCALIBUR R9800PRO ICEQ " $239



Leadtek nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "A400 TDH" -RETAIL $365
 
Just a quick glance at the prices, and thinking back to something I read at THG a while ago I think you might as well get the 6800 if a 9800 pro is going to cost you $230
 
Mushroom Prince said:
Just a quick glance at the prices, and thinking back to something I read at THG a while ago I think you might as well get the 6800 if a 9800 pro is going to cost you $230

Link? Not sure I'm aware of what you are referring to....
 
Anyone have a link to this article lol...I'm assuming its a 6800 128-bit against a 9800 Pro....
 
Back
Top