Presearch, anyone ?

It's some kind of search engine token thing.
I'm saying this solely on the basis of their main page, as I don't recognize this and don't want to go deeper.
How does this relate to scientific/medical research?

Yeah...this probably belongs in the mining and cryptocurrency forums
Pocatello can you move this?

I've two active vms staking with 2k worth of pre moreover I've some coins being generating (a tad less then 100) as I've started using their search engine myself.
At the moment to be able to have a node be staking you need to have 4k being staked per vm.
Installation is super easy ( via ssh/docker) and takes almost zero time to take care of them (maybe just fire them up and make a backup).

I have two active nodes, total 5k pre staked.

I may combine the two nodes into one just to reduce monthly cost on it. I do like this project though, its pretty cook.

Do you mean the vms costs?
If so which provider/s do you happen to make use of and which regions?

I'm using a fairly set of new providers :
Naranja tec (they have vms in nl I got in bf) if my memory serves me correctly I pay something like 15 bucks / year
Host hatch Zurich ( iirc also got it in bf for cheap) the price of this one I've entirely forgot .

Thing is I use vms to play around with some other stuff so I don't care much about vms prices as they generate income on their own with the other projects.

My understanding is that upcloud is quite expensive compared to traditional hosts (not cloud like as linode, do, aws).
The trade-off of those is that you may spend hours or days researching which hosts are legit and which might have cracked licenses, shady past or simply too new.

My understanding is that upcloud is quite expensive compared to traditional hosts (not cloud like as linode, do, aws).
The trade-off of those is that you may spend hours or days researching which hosts are legit and which might have cracked licenses, shady past or simply too new.
Upcloud VM for this is around $5 a month, its not bad, but I am at the point where if I consolidate my two nodes into one and combine the PRE will likely do better. But I supported this project not to make money, I like what they are doing.

Back