Prescotts in Retail Stores

Just thought I'd tell you guys that I sold a 3.0E today [I work at Circuit City, nothing glorious, but hey, it pays for the comp/games :D] in a HP [model number HP a450n]. Looks like the Pressys are appearing in retail chains all around. If CC has it, then BB should as well, and maybe CompUSA as well. Looks like the launch wasn't a complete paper.

Originally posted by Vagrant Zero
I'm not sure if they are OEM. I'll take CPU-Z to work tomorrow and find out their stepping.

Tomorrow was yesterday? Nothing?

You need to bring something that will give you a read out of the temps for the CPU! Almost any hardware monitering program can grab a CPU temp. I'm just trying to think of the smallest, non-installed program for you. (I usually just use Sisoft since I install it on all my computers as a quick test)

with how hot the pressy's run, i wonder what kind of cooling for the cpu and case those large oems will be using.

Beat him to it. I went to the local best buy to find they had the 3.0GHz CPU's.

Prescott 3.0GHz 46 deg. C in bios. Single channel ddr.

prescott3.0.gif

a64 3200+

a643200.gif

Centrino 1.5GHz/600MHz @ idle:D

CENTRINO1.5.gif

Prescott snappies.
prescottsnappies.gif

The prescott did not do too bad for only having one ddr dimm. What is wrong with HP? WHy not put two sticks for dcddr in it?

The centrino is what surprised me most. As you all know I put together a 2GHz tbred system for my freind and @ 2.2GHz it took more time than the 1.5GHz centrino to computer pi. I think it was around 69 sec. The centrino 700MHz slower did it in 64sec. The tbred was on sdram though so it will take a hit cause of that. The centrino was on i855.

I remember Hoyle saying that his centrino was only like 20% faster than his 1.4GHz tbird. I am going to assume though that it is on sdram also same as my freinds tbred?
http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/showthread.php?threadid=154944

USB pen worked nice but I could only get temps from a reboot in the bios. Sandra didn't work to find temps. I didn't do a fresh install of sandra though so that might be the trick.

Is the voltage suposed to be 3.0 to the proc? or did i read something wrong?

This is a HP. They rarely have hardware monitoring functions available but I could see its temps in the bios. 46deg. C in it which is usually a little higher than idle but not quite as high as full load. I did not feel much heat coming out the back either.

Nop the vcore is not supposed to be 3.0v. I am not sure what it is measuring but if it was really at 3v it would be a dead CPU.

Back