BLiTzKRiEG
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Apr 22, 2005
- Messages
- 295
Ok... I have an older swiftech kit that I bought from someone and installed it on my second rig:
MCP600 Pump
MCW5000 P4 waterblock
MCW50 VGA Block (not on the card yet)
I coupled these 3 with my Danger Den black Ice Pro Micro II (dual 80mm radiator) and a dual 3.5" bay reservoir.
I used 3/8" ID Primoflex tubing overtop of 1/2" barbs ont he blocks...
Heres what I know thus far:
-Abit 478 boards tend to display temps 8 to 10*C hotter than the actual temperature
-Prescotts run unbearably hot.
-I am running an older Swiftech kit and shouldn't expect top of the line cooling temps
So judging from what I stated above... I am currently idling at about 39*C, and loading at about 50 to 53*C (as in my abit utility is reporting them at 49*C and 60 to 63*C)... This is with the processor overclocked from 3.0GHz to 3.6GHz.
I am in a little warmer than normal ambient room right now, its about 75*F in here, but that shouldn't attribute much...
I was just wondering if these temperatures seemed reasonable? I haven't toiled in the pentium world and overclocking before, and not with Water Cooling...
MCP600 Pump
MCW5000 P4 waterblock
MCW50 VGA Block (not on the card yet)
I coupled these 3 with my Danger Den black Ice Pro Micro II (dual 80mm radiator) and a dual 3.5" bay reservoir.
I used 3/8" ID Primoflex tubing overtop of 1/2" barbs ont he blocks...
Heres what I know thus far:
-Abit 478 boards tend to display temps 8 to 10*C hotter than the actual temperature
-Prescotts run unbearably hot.
-I am running an older Swiftech kit and shouldn't expect top of the line cooling temps
So judging from what I stated above... I am currently idling at about 39*C, and loading at about 50 to 53*C (as in my abit utility is reporting them at 49*C and 60 to 63*C)... This is with the processor overclocked from 3.0GHz to 3.6GHz.
I am in a little warmer than normal ambient room right now, its about 75*F in here, but that shouldn't attribute much...
I was just wondering if these temperatures seemed reasonable? I haven't toiled in the pentium world and overclocking before, and not with Water Cooling...