Prescott Celerons

CentronMe

2[H]4U
You can read Anand's article here.

See, I said it would not be that bad of a chip, should outperform a Willy P4 clock for clock any day. :p

I may just have to get one of them and a 865G board and see how high they will overclock.

Impressive... Looks great, especially for the price.

They kick butt on the original celerons.

if they overclock well, it could be one good budget chip for intel.

It's about time! Finally, a low-cost Intel CPU that doesn't suck badly compared to comparably-priced AMD CPU's! :eek: :D

Looks very much like the 2.4A/2.8A P4 Prescott, with 256K L2 instead of 1M L2.

And without the extra 768K of L2, it should run cooler..... and should overclock just as well !!!!

If Intel ever releases lower speed versions (2.26GHz, etc), these should be an easy overclock to 3.4GHz @ 800MHz FSB.

First Celeron D 325 (2.53GHz) deal I've seen: $139 for the boxed CPU and an Abit motherboard at Fry's this weekend in LA/OC. :p

They're fast. It would have been good for $99...

I might put one of these in my next computer. Man did I think these were going to suck. I'm not an overclocker, but if I can figure out how to do that right I might be thinking about getting one. I heard the heatsinks that come on them are good for overclockers, I wonder if this will have the same hsf as the other prescotts.

bountyhunter said:
I might put one of these in my next computer. Man did I think these were going to suck. I'm not an overclocker, but if I can figure out how to do that right I might be thinking about getting one. I heard the heatsinks that come on them are good for overclockers, I wonder if this will have the same hsf as the other prescotts.

My 2.8 version clocks to 3.6 on air in my shuttle box. I get mid 14k's on 3dmark 9800 pro

It does'nt have to be a "d" version. most of the original northwood celerons crank up high. My other one is a 2.0 Running stable @ 3.3ghz

so that low cache is limiting for gaming if it's clocked @ 3.3? It seems though like these will only cost a bit more and will have double the cache and a higher fsb, but I remember hearing that higher cache lessens overclockability, but this cache is still only as big as a p3 or willy. that must have been my biggest run on sentence ever.

Anyway, I've decided that I'm putting one of these in my next pc, and I'm going to oc the hell out of it.

Prescott 2.4a's 533fsb are $99 refurb @ newegg. I got the celerons on intel's IPD for in the Mid $60's -70's a year ago and 6 months ago.

for the money you can do better, Im not suggesting you get one. but they are OK, but not for games.

This is a decent alternative to replacing a Williamette processor I have running in a P4P800, but it doesn't seem anywhere near the value that a full-fledged 2.4 Prescott is.

Months ago when I heard the specs for the Celeron D I thought it would be a good chip overall. Should do well in my HTPC, especially once its overclocked with a Zalman. :)

Back