Preperations for shipping a computer

Giturar

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 14, 2004
Messages
124
Alright, I need to ship my computer to a new location tomorrow, and I'm wondering, what should I do to get it ready. I still have the old box the case in, which the styrofoal and whatnot, so i can just use that.

I know im taking the heatsink and fan out (sp-94), but should I also take out the drives or cards? Thanks.
 
If you wrap them very well that would be a plus * ie : static bags and bubble wrap* how were you looking at sending the machine ?

Ground / air ( ups , fedex etc ) I would get insurance on the machine also take alot of picture before you ship it of the machine to show no damage the box that you are shipping it in etc this will save hassle if the shipper plays football with it
 
i was going to send it ups ground, only becuase if i send it air, itll cost me near $100 (to send computer, moniter, etc)

and im definitely getting it insured
 
Back
Top