• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Preliminary e8500 + 750i FTW clocks

dravisar

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
277
Upgraded from an opty 165 @ 2.53 ghz

E8500 - stock cooler w/ AS5 (I know, upgrading next week)
Evga 750i FTW
2x2 gigs Gskill PC8500 DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15

The highest I was going to push it was 4.5ghz (9x500) booted fine but the temps were getting a little too warm for my tastes, almost to 80C when under load (using real temp), ordering a 120mm air solution next week. Back down to 375x9 (3.4ghz) until that comes in.

Hell of a chip for 189.99 shipped! Very impressed with the motherboard as well, just wish it had some kind of hard drive temp monitoring. It's also reporting the system temp at 110C under speedfan as well, pretty wacky.

CPU-z/real temp/stability testing once I get the cooler in.
 
Actually, it doesn't, not unless you enable SMART, which this motherboard doesn't seem to support. Notice how I said I used speedfan to check other temps.

Forgot to add, this was all at stock, or 1.30v @ the higher clocks. Sitting at 1.29 for the moment.
 
How the hell could a motherboard not support SMART? That's a pretty important feature IMO.
 
Final rock stable overclock with the 750i and e8500 + xigmatech 120

4285 mhz @ 1.375v

451x9.5
1066 mem, 5-5-5-15
 
Very nice OC! Any chance you could post your BIOS settings? I'm having problem with a low FSB wall on my 750i FTW and I'd be curios to see your settings.
 
Sorry for taking my day old time getting back to you guys.

I'm now at 456x9.5 - keeps my ram at its stock mhz with the 6:7 divider its running. I prime, and CPU stability test.

Dew itt: I'll see what I can do about getting you that information. Biggest thing is to unlock your memory, and run it at stock speed and timings for max compatibility. Then up your FSB etc voltage to the highest green setting. Your not going to get much past 450 FSB on this mobo(1820 in bios).
 
Back
Top