Preconfigured overclocked cheap PCs?

Jadawin

Limp Gawd
Hi,

ok, here we all are geeks, freaks, nerds, techies, whatever. But there are a lot of people out there who are happy if they can boot a PC into Windows and would never touch any performance options with a stick or don't have a clue what is good value or overpriced (pcworld pcs anyone)?

So a friend of mine came up with an idea to build cheap and overclocked PCs and sell them, e.g. with a E6300 overclocked to 3Ghz, guaranteed, maybe even with an overclocked gfx card in there as well. He wanted my opinion and I said that I'm not sure if people would buy "overclocked" PCs unless they know what that is - and if they know what that is, they would do it themselves.

What do you guys think? Is there a market for sub $1000/£500 PCs, that are fast but overclocked?

ok, here we all are geeks, freaks, nerds, techies, whatever
speak for yourself :rolleyes:, people´ve been doing that for years !!! since the old P2 SL2W8 300Mhz overclocked to 450Mhz !! if you´re planning to do such a thing LEGALLY you have to state that the pc is overclocked, otherwise i´d smell a lawsuit :p

No, my first overclock was on Amiga, when I unsoldered a 80 Mhz crystal oscillator (giving 40 Mhz to the 68040) and replaced it with a 100 Mhz one, resulting in a 50 Mhz 68040. That was a hell of an Amiga, I can tell you. Of course later I had the Celeron 300A@450Mhz, the Pentium IIIE Coppermine 600@900 etc. etc. as well ;)

Yes, he plans to sell them as overclocked, officially. Basically giving people who don't now anything about PCs that "overclocking advantage" that we all enjoy. I just don't see Joe Sixpack buying something that's overclocked. Or would he if he's shown that the PC is very fast and a lot cheaper than comparable off-the-shelf PCs?

Tell Joe Sixpack it's got the Ford Racing Performance Package and put a K&N sticker on it and tell him its SUPERCHARGED

TypeR...lol

Anyways. There is a market for such things, but it's already saturated by custom system boutiques.

an Amiga? that´s some OLD school overclocking !!
ok then go for it!!, and remember us, the poor people, when u are rich ;)

It's not me doing it, he just wanted my opinion and I thought I might ask here ;)
But I'll pass on the TDi suggestion hehehe.
Put in some Mega Giga Ultra as well and it must sell like crazy, I guess.

Back