Pre-Order for Crossfire Master Cards

Mr. Miyagi said:
Haha $900 for a card when you can buy 2x 7800 GTX for the same price. Too funny. :p
That is in Australlian dollars which is 695.07 U.S. dollars. Still too much.

If it is that price for a x850 crossfire edition card I can't imagine the price of an r520 crossfire edition card :eek: .

That is WAY too much money, especially for LAST gen dual cards. Add in a new mobo, too, and you could probably get 2 7800GTX's for the same amount of money, even if you already have the X800/X850 normal card. :eek: yikes!

O, but isn't the next gen stuff (r520) supposed to have this stuff built into it? So you'd just need to buy 2 normal cards of next gen stuff.

ncantador said:
Hmmm, now lets take a look at a 7800GTX from the same site, What do you know?, its 50 more!

Do ya think maybe this site is a little overpriced across the board? :rolleyes:
Indeed it is...but that's Australia for you. Still, their XFX GTX (the one you linked) is only $20 more than the cheapest one in Oz. So...make your mind up from that. For people who already have an X850XT, getting better performance for the same price is a no-brainer.

banGerprawN said:
Indeed it is...but that's Australia for you. Still, their XFX GTX (the one you linked) is only $20 more than the cheapest one in Oz. So...make your mind up from that. For people who already have an X850XT, getting better performance for the same price is a no-brainer.

I agree with you, just wanted to point out that this "pre-order" from this site should not be indicative of the prices that the card will actually go retail for. The product hasn't even been released yet!

ncantador said:
I agree with you, just wanted to point out that this "pre-order" from this site should not be indicative of the prices that the card will actually go retail for. The product hasn't even been released yet!
Lol, good point. Conceded ;)

Russ said:
O, but isn't the next gen stuff (r520) supposed to have this stuff built into it? So you'd just need to buy 2 normal cards of next gen stuff.
That's good to know.

fore1337 said:
That's good to know.

yea, I seem to recall hearing that the only reason we needed a master card and n Xpress200 mobo was that the tech isn't built into the X800 gen cards, and ATI was gonna make it hardcoded into normal r520 gen cards. This was a while ago, b4 the paper "launch" of crossfire, so it might have changed. We'll see when the r520 (or do we call it X1800 now?) is released.

Back