Pre-built value

jermany755

Weaksauce
Hey guys I'm normally against pre-built systems, but I'm getting ready to build a system for my girlfriend so maybe I'm not quite as strict as I usually would be. =p Is this as good a deal as it seems?

http://www.1saleaday.com/

Relevant Specs:

2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Processor
4GB DDR2 SDRAM
750GB Hard Drive
CD/DVD-Writer
14-in-1 Media Card Reader

$400

Integrated graphics so I would definitely have to add a card, but besides that is this a pretty good deal? Thanks!

If you planning on leaving it as is, fair value. Keep the window7 for am=nother build or sell it to bring the price down-good deal

Check the specs so you could see if you can add a card. Does she need a videocard? Is she heavy gaming? Dual monitors?

Not heavy into gaming but she's really looking forward to Diablo 3, and I'm sure some sort of dedicated graphics will be required to run that game.

$399.99 for that Acer Q8300 Quad system is pretty good price actually. It comes with an Intel G45 chipset motherboard. But, the onboard X4500 graphics is weak for 3d gaming. As gwarren stated earlier, you can just drop in a passive low powered graphics card and you should be good. This way, you don't need to bother with a PSU upgrade.

Back