prcessor volage i5-750

frtl97

Limp Gawd
sorry to ask such a lame question , but i lost the package for processor and am having pinpoint this on intel site. thank you

What exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for the stock voltage or the max safe voltage.

sorry to ask such a lame question , but i lost the package for processor and am having pinpoint this on intel site. thank you

The reason for not having an exact voltage at their site is that intel does not have a specific voltage for their CPUs the way the AMD does. For the same stepping and frequency you may have an i5 that is 1.05V to 1.25V. This voltage is programmed into the CPU at the factory and the motherboard auto selects the factory voltage.

The reason for not having an exact voltage at their site is that intel does not have a specific voltage for their CPUs the way the AMD does. For the same stepping and frequency you may have an i5 that is 1.05V to 1.25V. This voltage is programmed into the CPU at the factory and the motherboard auto selects the factory voltage.

That's as correct as it gets.

Many times factories overvolt the processors for stability reasons, so the maximum voltage a processor might need is like 1.15v but Intel might pump 1.25v through there to be safe.

Under default speed my i5 750 works at 1.24v (when all cores are loaded). But it appeared, that this processor is capable of doing 3,933MHz at 1.245v as well as maintaining full stability. I was really surprised how factory overvolted the processor came.

Back