[PPUGame] JointTaskForce SP demo out

It's pretty buggy, I saw the video of the choppers blowing up a street of concrete buildings a while ago and downloaded the demo yesterday.

First run nvidia driver bluescreen - reinstalled official drivers, was using Forceware 91.36 WHQL (64-bit)
Next few runs system lockup if I pressed any button other than start game as I found out after a couple of resets.

After finally seeing the game I immediately uninstalled. It's sorta like full spectrum warrior, but with a top down view. I was expecting a fps. =(

I'am runnin8x.xx something 32bit on 7800GS no problems.
Run good and I like RTS games.

anyway to run it with out ppu drivers?

don't need some shit installed on my computer that i have no use for

I didn't get to go very far into the game yet, but I was happy with what I saw. Maybe I'll give a more detailed opinion once I get to play around a bit more. I don't understand why you're forced to install Agiea drivers, though.

I got all excited and downloaded it. The movie looks cool, but when I launch the game all I get is a small corner of the setup screen that sais (I think) start game and setup. I suppose it doesnt help that my laptop only does 1024x768. Its probubly set up for all you assholes that game at 2900074x10799994. I like 1024x768 because I'm oldschool. That and my eyes cant see better than 1024x768.

I would have messed with it, but I've been too buisy killing zombies with metal shelving and park benches... dead rising kicks ass!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the reason you are required to install ageia software is because JTF uses the Ageia physics engine. Just like if you want sound blaster sound support, you need sound blaster drivers. (they come with windows for a long time now). The Ageia drivers simply emulate a PPU doing all the calculations on the CPU.

Well normally I hate games like this, but this one is an exception, I think its magic and I cant wait for it to be released :)

even tho the marksman dude does sound like arnie :p

Oh I like this game and between the missions there is some time to fool around.

ValeX said:
Heh, the only thing I liked about this game was loading all my guys into a car and driving around aimlessly pretending to pick up chicks. Then I parked the car under a large tank of some sort, got everybody out, and started tossing grenades until the tank fell on the car and the group, killing most of them. :cool:

Objectives? Whats that?

ValeX

Have collected al civil cars.
3 Pickups
4 Lada 1200
1 ramvan.
Exualy everything that rides.

But there is also a water plane? and 2 chessna's on the airfied.
I think buy a Littlebird and you have two pilots wich can be put in a plane. a second little bird for two more pilots.
So to have every thing that fly's. :)

Must try that out.:)

SuperGee said:
Oh I like this game and between the missions there is some time to fool around.

Have collected al civil cars.
3 Pickups
4 Lada 1200
1 ramvan.
Exualy everything that rides.

But there is also a water plane? and 2 chessna's on the airfied.
I think buy a Littlebird and you have two pilots wich can be put in a plane. a second little bird for two more pilots.
So to have every thing that fly's. :)

Must try that out.:)
you can even drive the excavator in the first level, and you can also put your men onto the anti aircraft gun mount, it is a magic little game and the detail for the size of the objects is amazing :)

excavator == backhoe

and back to the game

does this game require a PPU or just support one?

jonathonball said:
excavator == backhoe

and back to the game

does this game require a PPU or just support one?
Never heard off both, tried to translate to dutch but unknow. Then search what it is and saw a picture. Now I know. A Backhoe is often mounted on a excavator. Those combine things I know.
Next picture was a skid loader. That I drove in the game.

This game suppors PPU. Not requier it.

Going to play it again from the start.

This game is sweet, looks and runs good. Have had no troubles with it. The detail of the vehicles is pretty sharp.

EVIL-SCOTSMAN said:
you can even drive the excavator in the first level, and you can also put your men onto the anti aircraft gun mount, it is a magic little game and the detail for the size of the objects is amazing :)

Yeah I used the excavator to knock down some of those fences to go the back way around the anti-air emplacement. The tank inside that building is the way to go though...

Played the demo for the Second time. With a other tacktic.
Mobile Atillery. 2 of those. :) I use the apache and harrierJet as spotters.
Works very efficient. And sounds and look cool. :)
Third time I will Play it on hard setting.

Back