PPD way to low need some help

newbs

Gawd
So my ppd is hovering around 700 for a xeon L5530 and no idea why. It's running at 2.4ghz not overclocked,it's a D0 core so I could overclock it but shouldn't my ppd be higher it's running the smp client.

are you running the SMP client?(check to see if all cores are under full load) if not then you need to add the -smp flag(or if your using the gputracker set it to use all cores)

did you setup a passkey? if yes then have you finished your first 10 WU's?

are you folding on any AMD/ATI cards?

are you running the SMP client?(check to see if all cores are under full load) if not then you need to add the -smp flag(or if your using the gputracker set it to use all cores)

did you setup a passkey? if yes then have you finished your first 10 WU's?

are you folding on any AMD/ATI cards?

basically this first.

Using gpu tracker setup with use smp use all cores and taskmanager shows all 8 maxed out. I have completed over 10 units I am pretty sure and setup with a passkey. I was folding on a ATI 5770 and turned that off and have risen to around 1000ppd.

What is your username? It might help if we can look at your stats.
(You can look up your stats here)

The ATI card was probably a big part of your problem.

I am using more then one machine that's why my average is that much but I would like it to be higher. What should an average I7 be putting out a day? I am also using video cards as well. The machine I am have a problem with is the one in my kitchen. Seems like the xeon should be getting far more then just over 1000ppd especially compared to some of my other machines which get far more.

yes it should be. why its getting only 1000 ppd i dont know, but let it finish the WU. try the next one without the ati client running through the whole thing and see what the PPD is then. are you running bigadv or standard smp on that system?

i had a similar issue last night. with my 2600k showing 700ppd

it ended up being the time on hte machine was off and the year etc.

check your time timezone and date.

i had a similar issue last night. with my 2600k showing 700ppd

it ended up being the time on hte machine was off and the year etc.

check your time timezone and date.

^^ this...very easy to do.

Do you monitor with HFM.net? I'm wondering if it reports the same PPD as GPU Tracker.

standard smp and all I know for tracking is what the gpu tracker tells me

gpu tracker consistently gives me different numbers than HFM.NET, and the HFM ones seem more accurate on the whole. I would check with that, see if it notes a difference.

standard smp and all I know for tracking is what the gpu tracker tells me

I have found GPU Tracker very useful except in the area of points prediction/reporting. It may only be an issue with bigadv SMP, but it does not seem to calculate the SMP bonus very well at all. If you are running multiple clients, look into HFM.net as others have mentioned.

How many units are you turning per day? 700ppd is only like 2 units a day with no bonus so it sounds pretty odd.

I am upto almost 3500 ppd after overclocking it to 3062mhz. I am starting to think it's the motherboard some how. These ppd numbers are so low compared to other machines I have.

I would expect ~10k on smp and ~16k on bigadv...

what OS, Client, and flags are you using

Have you tried watching CPU-z while it's folding, have a look at the clock speed and see if it is throttling. If it is, maybe it's overheating or entering speedstep.

Watched it to make sure was not getting to hot with cpu-z and cpuid hwmonitor as well as something called tmonitor showing each cores real time speed. Other machines with i7 stuff around 3ghz get 10k with smp -7 or -8,this machine is just using gpu tracker latest version with smp all cores and no gpu use on it. As for Os it's win7 64.

have you tried checking the "MFLOPS" on intel burn test? what does it show?

Well time for an update. I finally got enough extra time to swap out the motherboard and as of last night am cranking out over 10,000ppd. I guess that board and my cpu had no love for each other.

Well, it's good to hear that you at least managed to get it working well.

Back