PPD dropping

hiodie

Gawd
Maybe I didn't see a thread on this, but anyways I normally am getting ~ 3k points per WU on my i7 860. However, I have noticed the past few days that I am getting some worth only a few hundred points...the last one was only 300. Any idea what is causing this? Some of the units are taking just as long as when I get close to 4000 pts.

- I have not made changes to the client in months
- No Windows updates in the past week
- Client is using all 8 threads

Yep - sounds like a combination of some new projects and possibly you not making the deadlines for them - so no bonus points.

I've been seeing a rash of P8052's doing barrel rolls through my 2600k today, which seem to have a tpf of about 40 seconds. It appears they're averaging 12.5k PPD versus the 17-21k that I tend to get on the 6098's. Sounds like you might be getting a few of those, which would translate into the answer of your ppd drop.

There are big non-bigadv units that have deadlines of a few hours? The last unit was turned in 6 hrs from the previous. Its not like it is a X2 4200 or anything...

If you are getting 300 for a WU, you are folding a SMP WU without a passkey or missing the preferred deadline. If the time to finish a WU is around 6 hours, I am guessing you have missing or bad passkey. Post the FAHlog.txt would help.

Are you running a uniprocessor client and an smp client at the same time on the same machine? It looks like it. Your last 2 WUs submitted were an A3 and A4 WU. A4 WUs on a uniprocessor client run in smp mode using all cores. That wouldn't go well if your also running an smp client.

I've been getting the 8052s as well and there is a bit of an overall ppd drop for me as well.

I'm not at the computer right now, so I can't post a log, but I haven't changed any settings on the machine in months (running -smp flag only). It has been pushing about 12k ppd for a quite some time (barring the random 30k point WU that takes 2-3 days). Has anyone else had this spontaneously happen?

So I noticed on Stanford's site and through a pm from ChelseaOilman (thanks!) there are apparently two clients running on that computer. Not really sure why, but I will close down the client and see what happens. Computer is due for a restart anyways. Thanks for the help.

Task manager showed 100% use on 8 cores, but I didn't check for the number of instances.

You may have accidentally set a client to run as a service, hence hidden. I would check for that.

Project 8052 Points 84 Estimated PPD 12k

i7 920 @3.6 running GPU tracker

I seem to be getting these once or twice a day, but they usually get cranked out pretty quick and I get a different WU

I just re-started folding on my 3930k and all I've seen are these 8052 Wu..

From the stat page, in April I folded only like 1 day.. 2 results for 25,203 pts. This week 27 results for 60,137 pts...... Kinda huge point per unit difference there.

Back