powersupply issue, I think?

Leb_CRX

Gawd
I am just wondering if anyone can help me diagnose a PC issue...I am fairly certain it's my powersupply but want to be sure before purchasing one...I am running an enermax 300w right now, not sure of what model, but have been running it for about 3-4 years now...anyways it all started a few month back and the PC would randomly just reboot, so I had the HD and the video card on 1 set of cables, so I put them both on their seperate and the problem went away for a while...lately the problem started up again, and has been getting worst...what happens is I see blue and the PC reboots, happens all real fast...lately it's only been happening when the PC is under heavy load (bf2, 3dmark, etc)...I sold my 9800 pro last night and got a 6800GS and it's doing it but much more frequent...again under load

so my reasoning is it's happening more frequent because the 6800 uses more current, and not splitting the line to the HD back then kind of indicated the problem too cause it went away for a while

any ideas? is this correct or wrong? thinking of going with the enermax 485W Noisetaker Series, and hoping thats ok for my next system , recommendations?

Have you tried cleaning all the dust out of your system to make sure this isn’t a cooling problem? Have you tried disconnecting and then reconnecting the motherboard power supply connectors? I seen these two steps solve many a power supply problem.

Back