Powersupply for SLI

benamaster

[H]ard|Gawd
What powersupply would be the one to get for a pair of 7900GTX's, FX-60, a Raptor, a 500GB WD and 2GB of RAM in a Silverstone case? I have a Seasonic 600W in my full size and like it I also have a noisy PC Power and Cooling 510W. I am buying a new powersupply for the SFF though. Which powersupply is the best that would still fit in the case with like a NEC 3550A or a LG Optical Drive. I asked here instead of the Powersupply forum because everyone here knows what fits.

You should get something more than a 600 W. Read this thread

http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91628

These new dual card setups require ALOT OF POWER and if your powersupply overvolts (even though they supposedly have protection) you could be out alot. I would recommend at least the 600 W if your risky, more if you can afford it.

I read the FAQ but was still unsure. I know a few members had SLI setups so I asked here. I ended up going for the Enermax Libery 620W. If it doesn't work out I'll go for something larger, but what is larger? There is no way the PC Power and Cooling would fit.

600w is more than enough. Don't spaz out, you'll be fine. 7900s suck even less electricity than 7800s, which in turn suck less than 6800s.

Its different building a SFF especially with a timeline and a date I need to have it working by for a project. I'm used to using Full Tower cases where I can throw everything under the sun inside.

Back