• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Powersupply for FileServer

GotNoRice

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jul 11, 2001
Messages
12,831
I'm looking for a new powersupply for my server. Currently:

2x 1.2Ghz Athlon MP on Tyan Tiger MPX board.
TNT2 videocard.
1Gb Reg.ECC PC2100

I'm running it with a 300watt enermax at the moment, which I imagine is a little underpowered, but it hasn't given me any problems. I'm going to make this into a file server though, and so i'd like to get something that will power lots of drives without any problems. I'm looking at the 530watt sparkle, but while it seems like a great powersupply overall, it doesn't seem to have a great deal of power on the 12v rail. I don't really need much more power than I already have for the system in general.

Is there anything more suited for the fileserver task, or should I just go with the sparkle?
 
Don't the Tyan MPX board required an ATX-GES power supply? (I'd assume you already have the adapters if you are runing a 300w Enermax, but it's just a thought) But yeah, otherwise, go for the Sparkle, it's a beefy, solid supply.
 
the Tiger uses a standard 20 pin ATX, IIRC.

i'm using a Fortron/Sparkle in my Asus A7M266-D with 2 x XP1700 @ 2.13GHz with 1GB RAM and a cheap video card.

all the rails are very solid, and the 12v rail even reads 12.2v with my DMM.
 
Back
Top