Powerspec PSUs?

StupidDream

Weaksauce
So I am wondering about Powerspec PSUs? They are a Microcenter house brand and from what I can tell they are reasonably well made... kinda heavy in fact

They are certainly not as low of quality as an old Inland or Diablotek... but I doubt they are on par with a high end Corsair and the like...

I have been using a Powerspec PS 550BF (550 watts 80 bronze)for 4 months pulling a solid 380 watts at the wall 24/7

I know 3 other people that have had great luck as well...

I haven’t had issues... but a friend recently told me that I was lucky I had not had a fire... I know this isn’t a ‘Tier 1’ unit but I must be missing something

yJ3Ue.png

c2K0BI1.jpg

did you have a question? amazon carries them too, only one bad review from a missing pin in the 24pin. they look ok but there is zero info on who makes them. idk if id trust them with a high end rig but something low they might just be fine. at least until johnny tears on apart...

edit: actually he did the 850 and it did pretty good, 8.7. voltage reg was a little sloppy and they are made by Sirfa, at least the 850w.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=552

View attachment 116471
View attachment 116472

did you have a question? amazon carries them too, only one bad review from a missing pin in the 24pin. they look ok but there is zero info on who makes them. idk if id trust them with a high end rig but something low they might just be fine. at least until johnny tears on apart...

edit: actually he did the 850 and it did pretty good, 8.7. voltage reg was a little sloppy and they are made by Sirfa, at least the 850w.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=552

LMAO

Ok, those Snatch meme's in relation to PSU quality.... Straight-up genius!

*tips hat

I would not trust a no name brand PSU in anything but a system that I do not care if it burns in hell.

But that is just my opinion.

Back