PowerPoint to DVD Converter

extreme4377

Limp Gawd
I need a program that will allow me to convert a powerpoint slide show file with audio to a DVD video file that can be played on any normal dvd player. I have tried PPT2DVD but it doesnt work as it places a big advertisement in the center of the screen for each and every slide and doesnt convert the audio over either. Thanks in advance!

extreme4377 said:
I need a program that will allow me to convert a powerpoint slide show file with audio to a DVD video file that can be played on any normal dvd player. I have tried PPT2DVD but it doesnt work as it places a big advertisement in the center of the screen for each and every slide and doesnt convert the audio over either. Thanks in advance!

A lazy way is to buy a copy of FRAPS and record it. Then convert it to MPEG2 format and go to town. A little goofy, but works reall well ;) It also works nice if you want to add voice.

-tReP

I need something free tho, thats the thing... I cant have it show up on my parent's credit card bill as the slide show is for them as a surprise.

Maybe you could use a script based video editing tool (read: free) and encode that? I don't have the name of the one I used for a bit offhand, but theres some neat stuff out there.

well I can say even more about presentations
After converting many PowerPoint presentations, I have yet to find an application that combines all the features I want into a package that's priced in a budget that makes sense for most projects. The plug-in solutions generally copy most parts of a PowerPoint slideshow while failing to capture some transitions and completely bypassing any imbedded video, which is what makes screen recording an attractive alternative. For the best in class for the plug-in solutions, the Presentations to Video Converter app does the best job I've seen for a fairly pricey $199. One advantage to this app is the ability to convert PPT slideshows with or without PowerPoint installed on the converting PC.
And also there is feature to burn PowerPoint presentation to DVD, which is fery useful now for everyone.

Presentation To Video Converter

if you don't have animations on your slide, (well even if you do it would just be more work) you could extract all the slide as pictures and use something like Windows Movie Maker to rebuild the slideshow.

There is a program called PowerPoint Presenter that will record your screen. I believe it comes with Office and is free.

extreme4377 said:

http://www.geovid.com/Presentation_to_Video_Converter
i tried it. it has an option 'burn cd/dvd' and you don't even need powerpoint to be installed on your pc. i also tried to convert ppt with audio and everything was allright. a free version is a full version with a little logo in the lower right hand corner

Back